Saturday, October 13, 2007

Books, books, and more books.

I guess what goes around comes around. My mom said that I was obsessed with books as a child (well it's been true my whole life, to this day). As a teacher, I'm so glad that my daughter has a love of words and a love of books. The only thing is she likes the same book over and over and over. She would read all day if I let her. I keep encouraging playtime too. She immediately crawls over to her bookshelf and pulls books down. She hands me one of three or four choices. I've read "Binky" five times so far today (it's only Noon). I'm ashamed to admit I've hid "Moo, Baa, La, La." I just couldn't take it anymore. My mom said she read me "The Little Engine that Could" until we wore out the pages.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is so funny, I know she loves that book but five times is alot. I bet you must be looking for a new book to wear out.