Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Whoever told me it gets easier was lying!!!!

Ugh I miss the quiet easy baby days. Strangers used to approach me all of the time and tell me "Don't worry it gets easier after the first year!". I remember thinking well that's great since babyhood is a cakewalk. I knew that they were full of it.
I mean those first 11 months you can go to the store, answer the phone in piece, and watch a whole t.v. program. Ha try that it toddlerhood. Mothers of firstborn babies beware of year 2! You will understand what I'm saying before you know it. Then again I always hate it when people give me random parenting advice.

Wonderful things about toddlerhood
meltdowns in Target, the mall, on the street
ruining other peoples property
having to do it oneself but not being able to
needing to do "behind the gate" 7 times a day because you just can't listen
not being able to take your child to the doc. because they are mobile and not being able to find a trustworthy babysitter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I can relate. There are days where you think that it is too much. Somethings will be easier but other things will be challenging. I use to taKE my toddler outside everyday no matter what the weather was at least for a little while. Turning on soft music and a book helped too sometimes you just have to have a rough day no justification

Anonymous said...

Meltdowns? You must be thinking of a different toddler I know Ellie would never do such a thing. No need for evil gates.